PROFESSIONAL and articulate, ambitious Journalist & Broadcaster with 10+ years experience delivering
News and programming for Chicago television/media and the most popular television/radio shows and publications in Poland. Broad expertise in research, reporting, hosting, on-air narration, promotion and event coordination. Track record of creating, writing, producing and presenting highly profitable programming for children/teens and environmental awareness.
- Innovative and analytical thinker, able to bring proactive solutions to difficult or high-pressure situations. Combine creativity & problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Keen aptitude for both learning and applying new concepts quickly.
- Consistent, well-organized and dependable performer with the flexibility to adapt to constantly shifting priorities. Always deliver on commitments.
PROFESSIONAL Independent Project Work, Chicago, IL 2001 – Present
EXPERIENCE 5+ years
Freelancing for Polish and Polish-American media outlets.
TVP Chicago, Chicago, IL 2004 – 2004
News Anchor, Talk-Show Host, Executive Producer 8 months
Fulfilled multiple roles for leading television station serving the Chicago Polish community.
- Hosted, prepared and produced own 30-minute talk show.
- Developed and hosted 30-minute daily news program featuring news from Poland as well as general international and local events.
http://www.wirtualnemedia.pl 2003 – 2004
Publicist 2 years
Handled media relations/publicity for this Polish language Internet site, the largest in existence focused on mass media news and issues.
Radio ZET, Warsaw, Poland 04/2000 – 09/2000
Promotion Exwcutive 5 months
Organized promotions for the top commercial and private national radio station in Poland, with the best ratings in its group. Oversaw media sponsorship for multiple, concurrent cultural events.
- Designed and launched an effective new logo, including product placements, promotional material and gifts.
- Successfully coordinated 30 concerts throughout Poland, and traveled with 3 different artists appearing in a 10-city tour.
TVP SA, TVPolonia, Warsaw, Poland 08/1998 – 01/2000
Reporter/Journalist/Public Broadcaster/Host 1 year 5 months
Delivered news and children’s programming for the only Polish television station broadcast on all continents around the world via satellite.
- Produced and hosted the Monday segment of the most popular show for teenagers in the history of the station. Attained highest ratings each week.
- Demonstrated diversity by fulfilling roles as On-Air Voice Narrator, Editorial Office Head, Executive Producer and On-Air Special Assignment Reporter.
Silesian Electronic Team SC, Inicjatywa, Gliwice, Poland 05/1998 – 08/2000
Public Relations Expert 2 years 3 months
Managed all public relations, including press conferences and releases, for only company in Poland informing media about Y2K.
Public Broadcasting Engagements, Poland 01/1995 – 01/1998
Host/Broadcaster 3 years
Clients: Wisla Television, Radio PULS, TVP SA, PLAY Films Studio
- Wisla Television: Co-created, wrote and presented successful new children and teenagers’ program airing on the first regional TV station in Poland.
- Radio PULS: Prepared and delivered 10-minute news segments every hour, for the second most popular regional radio station in Poland. Coordinated print/vocal news and field reporters on multiple assignments.
- TVP SA TVP1: Developed and hosted a monthly segment on ecology and environmental awareness, on the air for 20 years.
- TVP SA TVP3: Produced filmed reports on ecology and environmental protection issues for one of 15 regional affiliates of the largest TV network in Poland. Also co-hosted two 30-minute shows daily for children and teens.
- PLAY Films Studio: Researched, produced and narrated a weekly one-hour magazine program for regional cable television.
Journalism Engagements, Poland 03/1994 – 01/1995
Journalist 10 months
Clients: Seven Days in the Region, Local’s Review
- Seven Days in the Region: Created and wrote the Arts & Culture section and covered special assignments.
- Local’s Review: Skillfully authored articles for this 3-city weekly newspaper.
EDUCATION College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL, 2003 – 2005
Private Institute of Public Relations, Warsaw, Poland, 1999 – 2000
Private Institute of Social Psychology, Warsaw, Poland, 1998 – 1999
The Environmental Protection College, Gliwice, Poland, 1993 – 1998
Z&T Television Company, Poland/United States (2000)
EVENTS As independent journalist/reporter, traveled to United States to film reports and documentary on current social issues and the democratic system.
Charity Benefit Concert in honor of AIDS’ Day, Warsaw, Poland (2000)
Creator, Executive Producer, Director
Organized and managed successful event attended by First Lady of Poland. Event had broad coverage by correspondents of international media, such as Associated Press, Reuters and Hokkaido.
http://www.Ahoj.pl, Warsaw, Poland (2000)
TVP SA, TVP1, Warsaw, Poland (1999)
Senior Supervising Producer, Polish Public Broadcaster
“Polish Summer” Program
Multiple Charity Benefits, Presenter and Host (1995 – 2000)